Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilmarnock, 43 Titchfield Street, Headquarters 4th Battalion Of Scots Fusiliers

Drill Hall (First World War), Military Headquarters (20th Century)

Site Name Kilmarnock, 43 Titchfield Street, Headquarters 4th Battalion Of Scots Fusiliers

Classification Drill Hall (First World War), Military Headquarters (20th Century)

Canmore ID 234163

Site Number NS43NW 353

NGR NS 42767 37555

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/234163

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Kilmarnock
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kilmarnock And Loudoun
  • Former County Ayrshire

World War One Audit of Surviving Remains (16 September 2013)

The drill hall in Titchfield Street was the headquarters of the Territorial 4th Battalion, Royal Scots Fusiliers, and was also the base for "A" and "H" Companies of the battalion. The front block was designed by G Andrew & Sons and built in 1914. It has three storeys and three bays. Behind was a single-storey hall and caretaker's house.

Information from HS/RCAHMS World War One Audit Project (GJB) 16 September 2013.

Activities

Project (March 2013 - September 2013)

A project to characterise the quantity and quality of the Scottish resource of known surviving remains of the First World War. Carried out in partnership between Historic Scotland and RCAHMS.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions