Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glenluce, North Street, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Glenluce, North Street, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Glenluce Station

Canmore ID 216227

Site Number NX15NE 135

NGR NX 19928 57647

Datum OSGB36 - NGR


Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dumfries And Galloway
  • Parish Old Luce
  • Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
  • Former District Wigtown
  • Former County Wigtownshire

Archaeology Notes

NX15NE 135 19928 57647

For bridge carrying North Street across the railway at NX 19961 57689 (within the confines of this station), see NX15NE 123.

This station is depicted on the OS 1:2500 map of 1895 (Wigtownshire Sheet 19) and is no longer in use.

Information from RCAHMS (SC), May 2002.

This intermediate station on the Castle Douglas - Stranraer (Challoch Junction) portion (forming the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Rly) of the Dumfries - Stranraer 'Port Road' was opened (by the Portpatrick Rly) on 12 March 1861. It closed to regular passenger traffic (with the line as a whole) on 14 June 1965.

The current edition of the OS (GIS) MasterMap indicates the outline of the greater part of this station, but does not identify it as such.

The station is situated within the N side of Glenluce village (NX15NE 52).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 29 July 2009.


MyCanmore Image Contributions

Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions