Crossmichael, Station Place, Station
Railway Station (19-20th Century)
- Council Dumfries And Galloway
- Parish Crossmichael
- Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
- Former District Stewartry
- Former County Kirkcudbrightshire
NX76SW 55 72900 66901
This intermediate station on the Portpatrick and Wigtownshire Joint Rly (which formed the greater part of the Dumfries-Stranraer 'Port Road') was opened (by the Portpatrick Rly) on 12 March 1861. It closed to regular passenger traffic, with the Stranraer (Challoch Junction) - Dumfries portion of the line, on 14 June 1965.
Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 28 July 2009.
G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.