Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Pinmore Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Pinmore Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Pinmore, 1 Dinvin Road, Railway Station

Canmore ID 204833

Site Number NX29SW 35

NGR NX 20332 91986

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/204833

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council South Ayrshire
  • Parish Girvan
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kyle And Carrick
  • Former County Ayrshire

Archaeology Notes

NX29SW 35 20332 91986

Location formerly entered as NX 20328 91980.

(Location cited as NX 203 920). The station building at Pinmore is of similar design to that at Pinwherry [NX18NE 52.00], but is brick-built.

J R Hume 1976.

Pinmore Station is depicted on the OS 2nd Edition map (Ayrshire, sheet LXII, 1896).

Information from RCAHMS (TIC), January 2002.

This intermediate station on the Glasgow - Ayr - Girvan - Stranraer (main) line of the former Glasgow and South Western Rly was opened (by the Girvan and Portpatrick Junction Rly) on 5 October 1877. It closed on 7 February 1882, reopened on 16 February 1882, closed again on 12 April 1886, reopened again on 14 June 1886, and finally closed on 6 September 1965. The line itself remains open to regular passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 13 July 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions