Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilmarnock, Dundonald Road, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

Church (Period Unassigned), War Memorial (20th Century)

Site Name Kilmarnock, Dundonald Road, Holy Trinity Episcopal Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned), War Memorial (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Portland Road; War Memorial Plaque

Canmore ID 201231

Site Number NS43NW 171

NGR NS 42587 37720

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/201231

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Kilmarnock
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kilmarnock And Loudoun
  • Former County Ayrshire

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

NS43NW 171.00 42587 37720 Church

NS43NW 171.01 42565 37722 Hall

NS43NW 171.02 42585 37701 Rectory

Architect: James Wallace 1859

Chancel addition to designs of George Gilbert Scott 1876

The slightly restrained English Gothic exterior contrasts with the highly decorated chancel with paintings of figures from the Old and New Testaments.

Photographed in 2009 for the Listed Buildings Survey.

Activities

Aerial Photography (1 May 2007)

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions