Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kilmarnock, Green Street, Corn Exchange

Hall (Period Unassigned), Theatre (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Kilmarnock, Green Street, Corn Exchange

Classification Hall (Period Unassigned), Theatre (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Palace Theatre; Burgh Halls; London Road

Canmore ID 201111

Site Number NS43NW 155

NGR NS 42982 37941

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/201111

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council East Ayrshire
  • Parish Kilmarnock
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Kilmarnock And Loudoun
  • Former County Ayrshire

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE

Architect: James Ingram 1862-3

A group of Italianate buildings on a corner site topped with a tower which began as the Corn Exchange, J Ingram's son Robert sympathetically added on the Corporation Art Gallery in 1886. Altered after WWII to form what is now the Main Hall and then in the 1980's to form the Palace Theatre.

Photographed for the Listed Buildings Recording Project.

RCAHMS 2008.

Activities

Aerial Photography (1 May 2007)

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions