Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Motherwell, Merry Street, Dalziel High Parish Church

Church (19th Century), War Memorial (20th Century)

Site Name Motherwell, Merry Street, Dalziel High Parish Church

Classification Church (19th Century), War Memorial (20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Big Kirk; Dalziel St Andrews Parish Church; War Memorial Plaque

Canmore ID 199995

Site Number NS75NE 66

NGR NS 75193 57123

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/199995

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images


First 100 images shown. See the Collections panel (below) for a link to all digital images.

Administrative Areas

  • Council North Lanarkshire
  • Parish Dalziel
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Motherwell
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Architecture Notes

ARCHITECT: David Thomson, Glasgow 1873/4

N.M.R.S. Sketch of Free Church of Parish of Dalzell by David Ogilvy - text and photograph: missing at time of upgrade, 18/07/2003.

NS75NE 66.01 NS 75180 57143 Hall

Activities

Photographic Survey (November 2010)

Dalziel High Parish Church was recorded through the RCAHMS Threatened Building Survey in November 2010, following plans to re-order the interior of the church.

Project (February 2014 - July 2014)

A data upgrade project to record war memorials.

Note

Dalziel High Parish Church has, since September 1996, been known as Dalziel St Andrews Parish Church. This was the result of a union of the congregations of Dalziel High Parish Church & St Andrews Parish Church (NS75NW 338). The first service in the unified Dalziel St Andrews Parish Church took place on 1 September 1996.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions