Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dundee, 158 Perth Road, St Mark's Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Dundee, 158 Perth Road, St Mark's Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Gate Fellowship; Greenfield Church; St Mark's Greenfield Church

Canmore ID 184079

Site Number NO32NE 61

NGR NO 39365 29763

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/184079

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dundee, City Of
  • Parish Dundee (Dundee, City Of)
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District City Of Dundee
  • Former County Angus

Summary Record (8 February 2012)

Designed by Pilkington and Bell, 1868-9. Extended in 1879 by Ireland and MacLaren. Heavy, somewhat Germanic Gothic, with hammerbeam roofed interior. Finer details include the barley sugar columns supporting the U-shaped gallery and the late C19 and early C20 stained glass windows.

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

Dundee, 158 Perth Road, St Marks Church.

Architect: F.T.Pilkington (Pilkington & Bell) 1868

extended 1879 Ireland & Maclaren

Known also as Greenfield Church.

Activities

Photographic Survey (19 January 2012)

Photographed for both the Buildings of Scotland and Listed Building Area Survey.

Information from RCAHMS (CAJS) 2012.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions