Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bridge Of Dee, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Bridge Of Dee, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Bridge Of Dee Station

Canmore ID 181549

Site Number NX76SW 52

NGR NX 7324 6031

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/181549

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Dumfries And Galloway
  • Parish Balmaghie
  • Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
  • Former District Stewartry
  • Former County Kirkcudbrightshire

Archaeology Notes

NX76SW 52 7324 6031

This intermediate station on the Kirkcudbright branch (from Castle Douglas) of the former Glasgow and South-Western Rly was opened (by the Kirkcudbright Rly) on 18 April 1864 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 26 September 1946. The line itself remained open until 3 May 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 14 March 2001.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions