Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 1039 Argyle Street, Finnieston Station

Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 1039 Argyle Street, Finnieston Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Finnieston Tunnel

Canmore ID 174643

Site Number NS56NE 2483

NGR NS 57270 65770

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/174643

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Archaeology Notes

NS56NE 2483 57270 65770

Finnieston Station was built in 1886 for the Glasgow City and District Railway. This 9 bay ashlar building containing the booking offices (dating from 1884) was subsequently extended to two stories. The station itself was closed in 1916. In 1974, according to Hume, only remnants of the platforms remained.

J R Hume 1974

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions