Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberdeen, Bankhead Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, Bankhead Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 174224

Site Number NJ81SE 98

NGR NJ 8936 1032

NGR Description NJ c. 8936 1032

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/174224

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Newhills
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ81SE 98 c. 8936 1032

This intermediate station on the Aberdeen suburban portion of the Aberdeen - Keith - Inverness joint main line of the Highland and Great North of Scotland Rlys was opened by the latter company on 1 July 1887. It was closed to regular passenger traffic by the London and North Eastern Rly on 5 April 1937; the line itself remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 12 December 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE:

Aberdeen, Bankhead Station.

Exact location uncertain at time of upgrade. 07.12.2000.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions