Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Coleburn Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Coleburn Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Coleburn, Station House; Coleburn's Platform

Canmore ID 171674

Site Number NJ25NW 43

NGR NJ 2430 5511

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/171674

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Elgin
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ25NW 43 2430 5511

Station House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1981.

This intermediate station on the Craigellachie-Elgin line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened (as Coleburn's Platform) by the Morayshire Rly on 5 June 1863. It was closed and reopened as Coleburn Station by the Great North of Scotland Rly in Aprial 1867, being finally closed to regular passenger traffic by the London and North Eastern Rly at some date after July 1926.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 November 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions