Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Longmorn Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Longmorn Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 171666

Site Number NJ25NW 42

NGR NJ 2351 5841

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/171666

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Elgin
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ25NW 42 2351 5841

(Location cited as NJ 235 584). Longmorn Station, opened 1862 by the Great North of Scotland Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station, still retaining its single-storey wooden platform buildings, wooden footbridge, and fittings such as lamp-posts and nameboards.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Craigellachie-Elgin line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened (by the Morayshire Rly) on 1 January 1862. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 6 May 1968.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 1 November 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions