Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Craigo, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Craigo, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Craigo Station

Canmore ID 168452

Site Number NO66SE 44

NGR NO 68825 64370

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/168452

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Logie Pert
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Angus
  • Former County Angus

Archaeology Notes

NO66SE 44 6876 6446

Goods Station [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1977.

(Location cited as NO 688 643). Craigo Station, opened c. 1850 by the Aberdeen Railway. Formerly a two-platform through station. The down-platform building survives, a single-storey rubble building with a large glazed panel in the middle of the platform frontage.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Perth - Kinnaber Junction - Aberdeen (main) line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Aberdeen Rly) on 1 November 1849. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956; the line remains open as part of the Edinburgh - Aberdeen main line.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 26 September 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NO66SE 44 68825 64370

NMRS REFERENCE

Caledonian Railway.

Station probably opened 01/04/1850 (Aberdeen Railway); closed 11/06/1956.

Activities

Reference (19 April 2012)

This station and goods shed of c.1850 depicted on the Ordnance Survey first and second edition 25-inch maps (Forfarshire, 1865 and 1904, sheet XXVIII.1) have been demolished. Only the signal box (depicted on Ordnance Survey second edition 25-inch map (Forfarshire, 1904, sheet XXVIII.1)) remains.

Information from RCAHMS (MMD) 19 April 2012.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions