Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Lhanbryde Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Lhanbryde Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Lhanbryde, Station House; Station Road

Canmore ID 16557

Site Number NJ26SE 41

NGR NJ 2709 6104

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/16557

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish St Andrews-lhanbryd
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ26SE 41.00 2709 6104

NJ26SE 41.01 NJ 2699 6106 Station Cottage

Lhanbryde Station (disused) [NAT]

OS 1:10,560 map (1972).

(Location cited as NJ 271 611). Lhanbryde Station, opened 1858 by the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station. The up building survives, a 1 1/2-storey structure incorporating a dwelling house, survives. An attractive building, it has Tudor chimney stacks.

J R Hume 1977.

Highland Rly. Closed to regular passenger traffic 7 December 1964 and since converted to private house.

Information from Mr S Montgomery, 1981.

This intermediate station on the Highland Rly portion of the Inverness - Keith Junction - Aberdeen main line was opened by the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly. on 18 August 1858. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 7 December 1964, but the line itself remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 6 November 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions