Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 20 Linn Park, Mansion House

House (19th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 20 Linn Park, Mansion House

Classification House (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Legburn House; Linn House; Linn Park House; Lynn House; The Lynn

Canmore ID 164391

Site Number NS55NE 133

NGR NS 58349 59183

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/164391

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Cathcart (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Recording Your Heritage Online

The Linn Mansion, 20 Linn Park, c.1828, enlarged c.1852, Charles Wilson

Central gabled porch set in ashlar-dressed rubble. Built for Sir Colin Campbell as a summer retreat

Taken from "Greater Glasgow: An Illustrated Architectural Guide", by Sam Small, 2008. Published by the Rutland Press http://www.rias.org.uk

Architecture Notes

NS55NE 133 58349 59183

For bridge to W, see NS55NE 46.

For Linn Park (centred NS 585 593), see NS55NE 261.

NMRS REFERENCE:

Glasgow, Legburn House (Linn House).

Architect: Additions by C. Wilson, 1852.

(Undated) information in NMRS.

At the heart of Linn Park (NS55NE 261) is the small, undistinguished and much abused summer retreat (The Lynn) built for Colin Campbel c. 1828, and enlarged in 1852 by John Gordon of Aikenhead to designs by Charles Wilson.

E Williamson, A Riches and M Higgs 1990.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions