Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, Partick Cross, Dumbarton Road, Kelvinhall Subway Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, Partick Cross, Dumbarton Road, Kelvinhall Subway Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Kelvin Hall Subway Station; Partick Cross Subway Station; Partick Cross Underground Station; Kelvinhall Underground Station

Canmore ID 164127

Site Number NS56NE 1402

NGR NS 56200 66602

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/164127

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Govan (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Archaeology Notes

NS56NE 1402 56200 66602

Kelvinhall Underground Station [NAT]

OS 1:1250 map, 1981.

Location formerly cited as NS 5618 6659.

For general account of the Glasgow Subway system, see NS56NE 4915.

Not to be confused with Partick (formerly in part Merkland Streeet) Station (NS 55618 66488), for which see NS56NE 1658.

Kelvinhall Station (Glasgow Subway). This station was opened (as Partick Cross Station) by the Glasgow District Subway on 14 December 1896, but closed the same day (with the remainder of the system); it was reopened on 21 January 1897. Together with the remainder of the system, the station was closed for refurbishment by the Greater Glasgow Passenger Transport Executive on 21 May 1977. It was reopened as Kelvinhall Station on 16 April 1980, and remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

This station opens onto Dumbarton Road (to the S).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 14 February 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions