Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, East Clyde Street, Slaughterhouses

Abattoir(S) (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Glasgow, East Clyde Street, Slaughterhouses

Classification Abattoir(S) (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Merchant's Hall Lane

Canmore ID 163625

Site Number NS56SE 569

NGR NS 5933 6460

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/163625

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Architecture Notes

EXTERNAL REFERENCE;

Sources: Strathclyde Regional Archives.

Town Clerk's Department.

D-TC 13/441 A. Slaughterhouses, East Clyde Street.

Plan showing properties intended to be acquired for a new City Slaughterhouse and Cattleyard behind East Clyde Street opening onto Merchant's Hall Lane. All owners of propertie's named. Several notes and declarations by Kyle inscribed at different dates.

Buildings indicated.

Surveyor: William Kyle. 10 ft. to 1 in. 26" x 46".

1810-1812.

Referred to in Decreet of Lining, 13 February 1812.

441 B, C. Slaughterhouse.

Plan of Slaughterhouse. 1st February 1834. (2 plans).

The stalls are numbered and the names of stall-holders are given.

The names in (B) have been substituted with later names in pencil which appear on (C), dated 1834, in ink. The earlier plan may be dated about 1810 as a superscription of 1817 confirms some earlier changes of name.

Surveyor: Not given. No scale given. 18" x 28".

1810, 1834.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions