Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Muirhead Of Liff, Coupar Angus Road, Free Church

Church (19th Century)

Site Name Muirhead Of Liff, Coupar Angus Road, Free Church

Classification Church (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Lundie And Muirhead Church

Canmore ID 163533

Site Number NO33SW 88

NGR NO 34159 34448

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/163533

Ordnance Survey licence number AC0000807262. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Bluesky International Limited 2025. Public Sector Viewing Terms

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

General view from NNW.
General view from NNW.Interior.  General view of preaching auditorium.Interior.  General view of preaching auditorium.Interior.  General view of preaching auditorium.Interior.  Preaching auditorium, detail of specimen cast iron column's upper shaft and capital.Interior.  Preaching auditorium, detail of N gable window.General view from NNE from road.General view from NNW from road.Interior.  General view of preaching auditorium.View of E elevation from NNE.General view from SE before removal of S gable addition.Interior.  Preaching auditorium, detail of N gable window.Interior.  Preaching auditorium, view of plaque on E wall in memory of Reverend John Kennedy, Minister from February 1880 to January 1915.Interior.  Preaching auditorium, view of plaque on E wall in memory of Reverend W.R. Moncur, Minister from 1843 to 1876.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Angus
  • Parish Liff And Benvie (Angus)
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District City Of Dundee
  • Former County Angus

Activities

Note (19 April 2024)

A church is depicted on the 1st edition of the OS 6-inch map (1865).

Information from HES (D Watson) 19 April 2024

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions