Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Mosstowie Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Mosstowie Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 16225

Site Number NJ16SE 21

NGR NJ 1691 6218

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/16225

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Elgin
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ16SE 21 1691 6218

This intermediate station on the Highland Rly portion of the Inverness-Aberdeen (main) line of the Highland and Great North of Scotland Rlys was opened (by the Inverness and Aberdeen Junction Rly) on 25 March 1858. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 7 March 1955, the line remaining in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 7 June 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions