Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Alyth Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Alyth Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Alyth Town Station

Canmore ID 161231

Site Number NO24NW 91

NGR NO 2482 4823

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/161231

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Alyth
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NO24NW 91 2482 4823

Depicted in the 1st edition of the 6-inch O.S. map, (Perthshire, 1865-7, sheet liii).

Information from RCAHMS (AR), 17 April 2000.

This terminal station on the Alyth branch (from Alyth Junction, NO24SE 77.00 at NO 2933 4300) of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Alyth Rly) on 12 August 1861. It was grouped into the London, Midland and Scottish Railway, and closed to regular passenger traffic (with the branch as a whole) on 2 July 1951. This station has also apparently been known as Alyth Town.

The available map evidence indicates that the area of this station has been redeveloped.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 18 November 2009.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions