Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dalguise Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Dalguise Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Dalguise, Old Station House

Canmore ID 160284

Site Number NN94NE 24

NGR NN 9948 4721

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/160284

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Little Dunkeld
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN94NE 24 9948 4721

(Location cited as NN 996 473). Dalguise Station, opened 1863 by thew Inverness and Perth Junction Rly. A single-platform through station, with a simple wooden building and a one-storey and attic agent's House. Now a caravan site.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Perth (Stanley Junction) - Inverness (main) line of the former Highland Rly was opened by the Inverness and Perth Junction Rly on 1 June 1863. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 3 May 1965; the line itself remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 5 September 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions