Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bankfoot Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Bankfoot Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Bankfoot Light Railway; Strathord Station

Canmore ID 160203

Site Number NO03NE 54

NGR NO 0699 3513

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/160203

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Auchtergaven
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NO03NE 54 0699 3513

NMRS REFERENCE

Bankfoot Station.

Station opened 01.05.1906 (Bankfoot Light Railway)

Closed 13.04.1931

(Undated) information in NMRS.

This terminal station of the Bankfoot branch (from Strathord) of the former Caledonian Rly was opened by the Bankfoot Light Rly on 7 May 1906. It was closed to regular passenger traffic by the London, Midland and Scottish Rly on 13 April 1931 and the site is now in use as a caravan park, the platforms remaining evident.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 3 May 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions