Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Kinbuck Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Kinbuck Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 159754

Site Number NN70SE 92

NGR NN 7933 0486

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/159754

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Dunblane And Lecropt
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN70SE 92 7933 0486

(Location cited as NN 793 049). Kinbuck Station, opened 1848 by the Scottish Central Railway. All traces of this two-platform through station have been removed apart from the one-storey and attic, down-platform building, on a T plan, with dormer windows, now a dwelling house. Similar to Blackford (NN90NW 49.00), though smaller.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Stirling - Perth portion of the Glasgow - Kinnaber Junction 'Strathmore line' of the former Caledonian Rly was opened by the Scottish Central Rly on 22 May 1848. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956, the line itself remaining in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 30 August 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions