Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Loch Awe Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Loch Awe Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Lochawe

Canmore ID 158863

Site Number NN12NW 51

NGR NN 12390 27429

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/158863

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Ardchattan And Muckairn (Argyll And Bute)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Argyll And Bute
  • Former County Argyll

Archaeology Notes

NN12NW 51 12390 27429

Loch Awe Station [NAT]

OS (GIS) AIB, May 2008.

Location formerly entered as NN 1241 2742.

For adjacent pier, see NN12NW 59.

This intermediate station on the Callander- Crianlarich - Oban secondary line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Callander and Oban Rly) on 1 July 1880. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 28 September 1965, but reopened as an unstaffed halt on 10 May 1985.

(Daniels and Dench cite the date of closure as 1 November 1965).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 8 May 2008.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; C E J Fryer 1989; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions