Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Cornhill Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Cornhill Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 158862

Site Number NJ55NE 18

NGR NJ 5805 5888

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/158862

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Fordyce
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Banff And Buchan
  • Former County Banffshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ55NE 18 5805 5888

(Location cited as NJ 581 589). Cornhill Station, built c. 1886. Though closed since 1968, the single-storey wooden station building still survives.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Elgin - Cullen - Cairnie Junction ('Moray Firth coastal') line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened by the Banff, Portsoy and Strathisla Rly on 30 July 1859. It closed to regular passenger traffic, with the line as a whole, on 6 May 1968.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 5 September 2000.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions