Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Auchindachy Station

Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Site Name Auchindachy Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)-(20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Botriphnie Station

Canmore ID 158732

Site Number NJ44NW 23

NGR NJ 40619 47555

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/158732

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Keith
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Banffshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ44NW 23 40619 47555

(Location cited as NJ 406 476). Auchindachy Station, opened 1862 by the Keith and Dufftown Rly. A single-platform through station, with an eight-bay rubble building with a wooden central portion. Disused.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Keith-Craigellachie branch line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened (as Botriphnie Station) by the Keith and Dufftown Rly on 21 February 1862. It was renamed Auchindachy Station in October 1862 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 6 May 1968.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 19 May 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions