Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

We have updated our mapping software and are trying out some new background mapping layers. Please let us know what you think by clicking here.

Aberdeen, Woodside, Station Road, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, Woodside, Station Road, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Woodside Station

Canmore ID 149990

Site Number NJ90NW 1133

NGR NJ 9217 0912

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/149990

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Aberdeen
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ90NW 1133 9217 0912

This intermediate station on the Aberdeen - Inverness (main) line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened by that company in 1858. It was grouped into the London and North Eastern Rly, and was closed to regular passenger traffic by that company on 5 April 1937. The line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 16 September 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions