Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Aberdeen, Bucksburn, Station Road, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Aberdeen, Bucksburn, Station Road, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Bucksburn Station; Buxburn Station

Canmore ID 149935

Site Number NJ80NE 82

NGR NJ 8987 0972

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/149935

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Newhills
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ80NE 82 8989 0972

Bucksburn Station [NAT]

OS 1:2500 map, 1956.

This intermediate station on the Aberdeen - Inverness (main) line of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened by that company as Buxburn Station on 20 September 1854. It was renamed Bucksburn Station by the same company on 1 January 1897 and was closed to regular passenger traffic by the British Railways Board on 5 March 1956. The line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 14 September 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions