Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Eddleston, Station Road, Railway Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Eddleston, Station Road, Railway Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Canmore ID 145443

Site Number NT24NW 52

NGR NT 2413 4709

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/145443

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Scottish Borders, The
  • Parish Eddleston
  • Former Region Borders
  • Former District Tweeddale
  • Former County Peebles-shire

Archaeology Notes

NT24NW 52 2413 4709.

For Eddleston, Station House, see NT24NW 53

This intermediate station on the Edinburgh - Leadburn - Peebles - Galashiels branch of the former North British Rly was opened (by the Peebles Rly) on 4 July 1855. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 5 February 1962.

R V J Butt 1995.

(Location cited as NT 241 471). Eddleston Station, opened 1855 by the Peebles Railway. 2-platform through station where a wooden single-storey structure on the down platform and 1-storey station house survives.

J R Hume 1976.

"Formely NT0000 1471"

Informal for RCAHMS (R.C.)

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE

North British Railway.

Station opened 04/07/1855; closed 05/02/1962.

Activities

Sbc Note

Visibility: This is an upstanding building.

Information from Scottish Borders Council.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions