Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Castlecary Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Castlecary Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 141081

Site Number NS77NE 84

NGR NS 78536 78178

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/141081

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council North Lanarkshire
  • Parish Cumbernauld
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Cumbernauld And Kilsyth
  • Former County Dunbartonshire

Archaeology Notes

NS77NE 84 78536 78178

This intermediate station on the 'direct' Edinburgh-Glasgow main line of the former North British Rly was opened (by the Edinburgh and Glasgow Rly) on 21 February 1842. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 6 March 1967 but the line itself remains in regular passenger use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 18 February 1999.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions