Closeburn, Railway Station
Railway Station (19-20th Century)
- Council Dumfries And Galloway
- Parish Closeburn
- Former Region Dumfries And Galloway
- Former District Nithsdale
- Former County Dumfries-shire
NX89SE 60.00 89714 92345
NX89SE 60.01 NX 89675 92336 Station Cottage
For Railway Cottages at NX 89675 92201 and NX 89782 92157, see NX 89SE
This intermediate station on the Glasgow - Dumfries - Carlisle ('Nith valley') main line of the former Glasgow and South Western Rly was opened by the Glasgow, Paisley, Kilmarnock and Ayr (Glasgow, Dumfries and Carlisle) Rly on 15 October 1849. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 September 1961.
The line remains in regular use by passenger traffic.
Information from RCAHMS (DE) February 1999 and (RJCM), 24 July 2009.
RVJ Butt 1995.