Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Luib Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Luib Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 137754

Site Number NN42NE 18

NGR NN 4785 2795

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/137754

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Killin
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN42NE 18 4785 2795

This intermediate station on the Callander-Crianlarich portion of the Stirling-Oban line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Callander and Oban Rly) in August 1873. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 28 September 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 9 December 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Luib Station (CR) opened August 1873 and closed 28.9.1965.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions