Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Scheduled Website Maintenance 14/07/20 00:00 – 04:00GMT – There will be periods of time during this window when this website will be unavailable.

Killin, Bridge Of Dochart

Road Bridge (18th Century)

Site Name Killin, Bridge Of Dochart

Classification Road Bridge (18th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Dochart Bridge; Falls Of Dochart

Canmore ID 135645

Site Number NN53SE 51

NGR NN 57136 32505

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/135645

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Stirling
  • Parish Killin
  • Former Region Central
  • Former District Stirling
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN53SE 51 57136 32505

(Location cited as NN 571 323). Bridge of Dochart, Killin, built 1760, part rebuilt 1831. An unusual 7-span masonry bridge with four main arches and seven culverts.

J R Hume 1977.

This bridge carries the A827 public road (which here forms Gray Street) across the River Dochart immediately downstream (E) of the Falls of Dochart and on the S side of Killin village (NN53SE 37).

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 5 September 2000.

An archaeological watching brief was conducted during the installation of floodlighting, and attendant cable trenches, for the Dochart Bridge. All work took place outside the scheduled area and no features of archaeological interest were encountered.

Information from Headland Archaeology Ltd report (MS/899/46), [1997].

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions