Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Inverness, Clachnaharry, High Street, Railway Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Inverness, Clachnaharry, High Street, Railway Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Clachnaharry Station

Canmore ID 13475

Site Number NH64NW 26

NGR NH 6477 4655

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/13475

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Inverness And Bona
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH64NW 26.00 6477 4655

NH64NW 26.01 NH 6473 4653 Footbridge

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Dingwall portion of the 'Far North' line (to Wick and Thurso) of the former Highland Rly, was opened (by that company) in 1869. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 April 1913; the line remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

The station is depicted (but not noted) on the 1963 edition of the OS 1:2500 map.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 31 March 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

Railway station.

19th-20th century AD.

CFA/MORA Coastal Assessment Survey 1998.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions