Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Bunchrew Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Bunchrew Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Highland Railway

Canmore ID 13474

Site Number NH64NW 25

NGR NH 61656 45474

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/13474

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Kirkhill
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH64NW 25 6171 4537

(Location cited as NH 617 455). Bunchrew Station, opened 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly. Formerly a 2-platform through station, the down platform has been demolished. The up-platform building, now a dwelling-house, is a 2-storey sandstone building with platform offices at first-floor level.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Inverness - Wick and Thurso ('Far North') line of the former Highland Rly. was opened on 11 June 1862 by the Inverness and Ross-shire Rly. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 13 June 1960; the line remains in use.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 7 November 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

Probably opened 11.6.1862; closed to passengers 13.6.1960; closed to goods 27.1.1964

Activities

Field Visit (2009 - 2009)

Photographic Survey

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions