Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

North Water Bridge, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name North Water Bridge, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) North Water Bridge Station; Scottish North Eastern, Montrose And Bervie Railway

Canmore ID 134467

Site Number NO76SW 73

NGR NO 7249 6251

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/134467

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish St Cyrus
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Kincardineshire

Archaeology Notes

NO76SW 73 7249 6251

This intermediate station on the Bervie (Inverbervie) branch (from Montrose) of the former North British Rly was opened by the Scottish North Eastern (Montrose and Bervie) Rly on 1 November 1865. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 October 1951.

This station is not indicated on either the OS 1:63,360 map of 1958 or the 1:10,000 map of 1973; its location is inferred from the available map evidence.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 8 October 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions