Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Birnie Road Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Birnie Road Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Nether Birnie; Scottish North Eastern, Montrose And Bervie Railway

Canmore ID 134459

Site Number NO86NW 16

NGR NO 8101 6838

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/134459

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Benholm
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Kincardineshire

Archaeology Notes

NO86NW 16 8101 6838

This intermediate station was opened by the Scottish North Eastern (Montrose and Bervie) Rly on 1 November 1865. It closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 October 1951.

This station is not indicated on either the OS 1:63,360 map of 1958 or the 1:10,000 map of 1973; its location is inferred from the available map evidence.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 8 October 1998.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions