Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Inverbervie, Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Inverbervie, Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Inverbervie Station; Bervie Station; Scottish North Eastern, Montrose And Bervie Railway

Canmore ID 133189

Site Number NO87SW 83

NGR NO 8329 7236

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/133189

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Bervie
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Kincardineshire

Archaeology Notes

NO87SW 83 8329 7236

This station was the northern terminus of the Montrose-Bervie line (the 'Bervie branch'). It was opened (as Bervie station) on 1 November 1865, was renamed Inverbervie station on 5 July 1926, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 1 October 1951.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions