Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Essential maintenance

HES is currently undertaking essential maintenance on our web services. This will limit access to services in the following ways:

- Subscription access for HES online services will be unavailable (Scran, NCAP)

 - Image purchasing options will be limited (Canmore, Britain from Above, Scran, NCAP)

 - Any enhanced services which require a log in will be unavailable (My Canmore, Britain from Above contributions, Scran contribute)

 General access to these services will all continue. Enquiries will still be able to be submitted.

 We anticipate services to be restored from Monday 1st February 2021.

 

Clydebank, Clyde Street, Clydebank Riverside Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Clydebank, Clyde Street, Clydebank Riverside Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Dalmuir (Riverside) Station; Clydebank Station

Canmore ID 128449

Site Number NS46NE 48

NGR NS 49956 69658

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/128449

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council West Dunbartonshire
  • Parish Old Kilpatrick (Clydebank)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Clydebank
  • Former County Dunbartonshire

Archaeology Notes

NS46NE 48 49967 69593

Clydebank Riverside Station [NAT]

OS 1:1250 map, 1958.

Clydebank (Riverside) Station: 1896. Built by the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Railway. A three platform through station, with the offices on the up platform.

Visited and photographed by J R Hume, University of Strathclyde, 1972.

See MS/749 (Dunbartonshire, Old Kilpatrick parish, Clydebank Riverside Station), photographs with reporter, J R Hume.

(Location cited at NS 499 696). Clydebank Riverside Station: this was opened in 1896 by the Dunbartonshire and Lanarkshire Railway. The offices on the up platform are still in a one-storey brick and sandstone Renaissance style building with a hexagonal tower. This was extant in 1976, but was bereft of its awnings.

J R Hume, 1976.

This intermediate station on the Dumbuck-Glasgow line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (as Clydebank Station) by the Lanarkshire and Dumbartonshire Rly on 1 May 1896. It was renamed Clydebank Riverside Station on 28 February 1953, and closed to regular passenger traffic on 5 October 1964.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 9 February 2006.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions