Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Blackford Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Blackford Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 128281

Site Number NN90NW 49

NGR NN 9002 0923

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/128281

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Perth And Kinross
  • Parish Blackford
  • Former Region Tayside
  • Former District Perth And Kinross
  • Former County Perthshire

Archaeology Notes

NN90NW 49 9002 0923

NN90NW 49.01 NN 9012 0924 Blackford Station, Signal Box

For comparable Kinbuck Station, see NN70SE 92.

(Location cited as NN 901 093). Blackford Station, opened 1848 by the Scottish Central Rly. Formerly a two-platform through station. The platform edges have been cut back but the main block, a 1-storey and attic dormer-windowed building with mullioned windows in the platform frontage, survives, as do the wooden wooden goods shed and the wood and brick signal box, of late Caledonian Rly pattern.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Stirling-Perth (main) line of the former Caledonian Rly was opened (by the Scottish Central Rly) on 22 May 1848 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956. The line itself remains in regular passemger use.

R V J Butt 1995.

The goods shed and offices are located on mapsheet NN80NE.

Information from RCAHMS (RC) 14 March 2000.

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE

Opened 23/5/1848

Closed 11/6/1956

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions