Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Boleskine, Old Boleskine Parish Church

Church (Period Unassigned)

Site Name Boleskine, Old Boleskine Parish Church

Classification Church (Period Unassigned)

Alternative Name(s) Old Boleskine Church

Canmore ID 12570

Site Number NH52SW 5

NGR NH 50773 22164

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/12570

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Highland
  • Parish Boleskine And Abertarff
  • Former Region Highland
  • Former District Inverness
  • Former County Inverness-shire

Archaeology Notes

NH52SW 5.00 50773 22164

NH52SW 5.01 Centred NH 5075 2214 Cemetery

NH52SW 5.02 NH 50756 22171 Watch House

For (successor and present) Boleskine Parish Church and Burial-ground (NH 50756 18248), see NH51NW 35.

(NH 50762216) Site of Boleskine Church Grave Yard {NAT}

OS 6" map, Inverness-shire, 2nd ed., (1907)

The date of erection of Boleskine church cannot be ascertained, but it was destroyed c. 1777, in which year the present church, at Druim an Teampuill, was built. The graveyard in which the old church stood was being used for interments in 1870's (Name Book 1871) The church is marked 'in ruins' on Taylor & Skinners' map (G Talyor and A Skinner 1776).

(Undated) information in NMRS.

There is no trace of the church. The burial ground has been enlarged and is still in use.

Visited by OS (R L) 17 December 1969.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions