Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Ardlui Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Ardlui Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Ardlui Railway Station Building With Subway And Gates

Canmore ID 123426

Site Number NN31NW 15

NGR NN 31686 15511

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/123426

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2019.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Argyll And Bute
  • Parish Arrochar
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District Dumbarton
  • Former County Dunbartonshire

Archaeology Notes

NN31NW 15 31686 15511

For comparable station at Arrochar and Tarbert (NN 3117 0452), see NN30SW 8.

For Ardlui, Station Master's House (NN 3170 1555), see NN31NW 31.

Ardlui Station [NAT]

Station House [NAT] (at NN 3170 1554)

Station Cottage (at NN 3169 1565)

OS 1:10,000 map, 1976.

This intermediate station on the Glasgow - Crianlarich (Upper) - Fort William ('West Highland') line of the (former) North British Rly. was opened (by the West Highland Rly.) on 7 August 1894. It remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

R V J Butt 1995.

Ardlui Station: A standard West Highland Railway island platform station with passing loop and sidings on the up side [signal box photographed by J R Hume 1970]

Visited and photographed by J R Hume, University of Strathclyde, August 1970; NMRS, MS/749.

Architecture Notes

Opened (West Highland Railway) 7th August 1894

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions