Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Fochabers Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Fochabers Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Fochabers Town Station

Canmore ID 122966

Site Number NJ35NW 56

NGR NJ 33879 59553

NGR Description Centred on NJ 33879 59553

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/122966

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Administrative Areas

  • Council Moray
  • Parish Speymouth
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Moray
  • Former County Morayshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ35NW 56 3384 5966

(Location cited as NJ 339 595). Fochabers Station, opened 1893 by the Highland Rly. Formerly a 1-platform terminal station. The platform building is an H-plan structure, with a wing at the W end and a platform awning between the arms of the H. Disused.

J R Hume 1977.

This station was opened (as Fochabers Station) on 23 October 1893 and was the terminal station of the Highland Rly. branch line from Orbliston to Fochabers. It was renamed Fochabers Town Station on 1 July 1894, and was closed to regular passenger traffic by the London, Midland and Scottish Rly. on 14 September 1931.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 7 November 2000.

R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NMRS NOTES

Station opened 16.10.1893

Closed 14.09.1931

Originally known as Fochabers Station. Not to be confused with GNOSR Fochabers Station later renamed Spey Bay or the HR Fochabers Station later renamed Orbliston Junction.

Converted to private house.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions