Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

All our staffed properties, sites and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, are currently closed, but we’re working on plans to gradually reopen. In the meantime, you can access our services online. Find out more.

Fraserburgh Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Fraserburgh Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Fraserburgh, Seaforth Street, Railway Station

Canmore ID 120167

Site Number NJ96NE 30

NGR NJ 9987 6663

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/120167

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Fraserburgh
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Banff And Buchan
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ96NE 30 9987 6663

(Location cited as NJ 999 666). Opened 1865 by the Formartine and Buchan Rly, and subsequently rebuilt. A 3-platform terminus with awnings over the platforms. The street frontage is single-storey, of granite ashlar with two crow-stepped gables. In the goods yard is a wooden shed of standard Great North of Scotland Rly type.

J R Hume 1977.

This station was the terminus of the Fraserburgh branch of the Great North of Scotland Rly. It was opened on 24 April 1865 by the Formartine and Buchan Rly., and closed to regular passenger traffic on 4 October 1965.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 19 August 1997.

R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions