Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Glasgow, 91 Buchanan Street, Clydesdale Bank

Bank (Financial) (20th Century), Tea Room (19th Century)

Site Name Glasgow, 91 Buchanan Street, Clydesdale Bank

Classification Bank (Financial) (20th Century), Tea Room (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) 6 Gordon Lane; Miss Cranston's Tea Rooms

Canmore ID 120099

Site Number NS56NE 211

NGR NS 58977 65269

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/120099

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Glasgow, City Of
  • Parish Glasgow (City Of Glasgow)
  • Former Region Strathclyde
  • Former District City Of Glasgow
  • Former County Lanarkshire

Architecture Notes

NS56NE 21 58977 65269

REFERENCE:

91 Buchanan Street - Team Room

Architect: C R Mackintosh

The Buchanan Street premises were acquired by Miss Catherine Cranston in 1895. The tea rooms were remodelled in 1896 by George Walton who designed the interiors and Charles Rennie Mackintosh who designed some of the stencilled murals. The tea rooms were later converted into banking premises and the interiors altered.

REFERENCE:

Clydesdale and North of Scotland Bank

Architect: Sir George Washington Browne c.1896

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions