Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Dess Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Dess Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Canmore ID 117879

Site Number NJ50SE 43

NGR NJ 5643 0065

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/117879

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2021.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Aboyne And Glentanar
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Kincardine And Deeside
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ50SE 43 5643 0065

Dess Station Pottery [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1980.

This intermediate station was opened on 2 December 1859 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 28 February 1966.

R V J Butt 1995.

This station lies on the dismantled Aboyne Extension of The Deeside Railway (see NJ50SE 56).

Information from RCAHMS (KB) 18 November 1998

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions