Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Logierieve Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Logierieve Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Newburgh Road Station

Canmore ID 115173

Site Number NJ92NW 29

NGR NJ 9214 2691

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/115173

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Udny
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ92NW 29 9214 2691

This intermediate station on the Dyce-Ellon portion of the Buchan lines of the former Great North of Scotland Rly was opened (as Newburgh Road Station) at the opening of the branch (by the Formartine and Buchan Rly.) on 18 July 1861; it was renamed Logierieve Station in October 1862 and closed (with the line as a whole) on 4 October 1965.

R V J Butt 1995.

Although out of use since 1965, both platforms survive in good condition, and the station building on the E side of the railway is now in use as a private residence.

Visited by RCAHMS (ATW, JRS), 30 January 1997

Architecture Notes

NJ92NW 29 9214 2691

Great North of Scotland Railway.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions