Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

In recognition of the essential restrictions and measures imposed by the Scottish and UK Governments, we have closed all sites, depots and offices, including the HES Archives and Library, with immediate effect. Read our latest statement on Coronavirus (COVID-19).

Kennethmont Station

Railway Station (19th Century)

Site Name Kennethmont Station

Classification Railway Station (19th Century)

Alternative Name(s) Kennethmont, Station Road

Canmore ID 112736

Site Number NJ52NE 47

NGR NJ 55398 29349

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/112736

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2020.

Toggle Aerial | View on large map

Digital Images

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeenshire
  • Parish Kennethmont
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District Gordon
  • Former County Aberdeenshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ52NE 47.00 5537 2933

NJ52NE 47.01 5539 2934 Signal Box

Station (disused) [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1972.

(Location cited as NJ 553 293). Kennethmont Station. Opened 1854 by the Great North of Scotland Rly. Formerly a 2-platform through station. The single-storey wooden down-platform building, of typical GNoSR pattern, survives.

J R Hume 1977.

This intermediate station on the Great North of Scotland Rly portion of the Aberdeen-Keith-Inverness line of the (former) Great North of Scotland and Highland Rlys was opened on 20 September 1854 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 6 May 1968. The line itself remains in regular use by passenger traffic.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 15 January 1997.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

Architecture Notes

NMRS REFERENCE

Great North of Scotland Railway.

Station probably opened to goods traffic 12/09/1854 and to passengers 20/09/1854; closed 06/05/1968.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions