Accessibility

Font Size

100% 150% 200%

Background Colour

Default Contrast
Close Reset

Cove Bay Station

Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Site Name Cove Bay Station

Classification Railway Station (19-20th Century)

Canmore ID 112540

Site Number NJ90SE 18

NGR NJ 9533 0104

Datum OSGB36 - NGR

Permalink http://canmore.org.uk/site/112540

Ordnance Survey licence number 100057073. All rights reserved.
Canmore Disclaimer. © Copyright and database right 2018.

Collections

Administrative Areas

  • Council Aberdeen, City Of
  • Parish Nigg (City Of Aberdeen)
  • Former Region Grampian
  • Former District City Of Aberdeen
  • Former County Kincardineshire

Archaeology Notes

NJ90SE 18 9533 0104

Station House [NAT]

OS 1:10,000 map, 1989.

This intermediate station on the Perth-Kinnaber Junction-Aberdeen main line of the Caledonian Rly was opened (as Cove Station) by the Aberdeen Rly on 1 April 1850. It was renamed Cove Bay station on 1 October 1912 and closed to regular passenger traffic on 11 June 1956.

Information from RCAHMS (RJCM), 10 January 2002.

G Daniels and L Dench 1980; R V J Butt 1995.

References

MyCanmore Image Contributions


Contribute an Image

MyCanmore Text Contributions